Friday, February 26, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 105 D.P.7 #32

TITLE-D.P.7 #32
PUBLISHER-New Universe an imprint of Marvel Comics

Cover dated June of 1989 this is the final issue of DP7.Sadly the New Universe experiment didn't even last 3 full years. I love how the cover claims "32 in a thirty-two issue limited series". 

By the time of this issue only 5 of the original 7 are left in the title. And all of them are now living in NYC. They hear about someone who claims they can "cure" paranormals of their abilities. And the issue is about our heroes/heroines trying to decide if they want to lose their abilities or not.

Mark Gruenwald wrote this issue like he did the rest of the series. And it shows how much he loved these characters. This is one of my favorite things the late Mr Gruenwald wrote. He took what started off as a slightly more realistic version of the X-men and made it into one of the better written comics coming out of Marvel in the mid to late 80s.

Paul Ryan does the pencils. And out of all the artists that worked on the series,I find Mr Ryan's pencils to best capture the energy Gruenwald was putting into the scripts.

With Blur,one of the original 7 who isn't in this issue,now a part of the revamped Squadron Supreme I got the craving for some classic DP7 stuff. So I dug the issue out of my New Universe longbox.I doubt it would happen but I would love to see someone come and write at least another issue of DP7 that happens after this one.

D.P.7 #32 gets a buy.




No comments:

Post a Comment