Friday, February 26, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 096 Reggie and me #126

TITLE-Reggie and me #126
PUBLISHER-Archie Comics

Coming out sometime in the summer of 1980 this is the last issue of the long running Reggie solo series from Archie. Now while Reggie didn't appear in the first few Archie stories,once he appeared he has been a constant member of the various Archie titles.

I have no clue where I got this comic. Over the past 15 years I have gotten into the habit of picking up any Archie comic I find that is a buck or less. I doubt I have even read this issue before. And look at that cover.It has the same trade dress that almost all the Archie titles used for years. From sometime in the early 70s until at least the early 90s.So I open it up and what do I see on the inside front cover?
Yep it's a Hostess Fruit Pie ad starring Josie. I love these ads. And see lots of the DC and Marvel ones uploaded online. But rarely see the Archie and Harvey ones.

Really it is kind of hard to review these Archie comics. Most of the stories follow one of 8 or so plots. And usually the art looks the same no matter who is drawing it.This issue has 4 stories. All of which are at least 4 pages. Plus something I think is missing from modern comics. It has an activity page.
And it is a very easy activity page. You start at the top and follow the line while writing down each letter. Which then gives you the message.

Another thing that stood out in this comic is how few of the pages are for ads. There is 4 pages,not including the inside front and back covers,that contain ads. I am sure in Marvel/DC comics at the time had more ads than that.

Reggie and me #126 is a fairly standard late 70s/early 80s Archie comic. You get 2 new stories and then 2 reprints.Who knows with this Riverdale live action pilot getting greenlit,Luke Perry has been cast as Archie's father,maybe it will bring more people back into reading Archie.

Reggie and me #126 gets a borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment