Friday, February 26, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 100 Sin City Just another Saturday Night

TITLE-Sin City Just Another Saturday Night
PUBLISHER-Dark Horse Comics

Yep my very battered copy of one of the many Sin City one-shots.The lady on the cover is the stripper Jessica "I have no acting talent" Alba played in the two films.

As you should know this being Sin City,Frank Miller writes and draws this crime drama comic. Usually with Sin City each story was many many issues long. But every once in awhile Miller would put out one shots. This was the final Sin City comic I bought before the first film came out. It was new comic day. I had just walked into the comic shop,when the owner says "Hey I had no idea you worked on Sin City." I looked at him with a puzzled look. Until he opened it up and I see someone with my name is listed for book design.

The story is all about Marv. Starting on a Saturday night. He comes to and has no clue where he is. And why he is there. So he searches his pockets for clues. All of which lead him all over the city. And with it being Marv that means a bunch of people are gonna get beat the hell up. And the story ends pretty much how it began. Marv comes too after blacking out and has no clue where he is.

Marv is my second favorite of all the Sin City characters. And sure sometimes Miller makes him way more powerful than a human should be. But that also happened in the noir films that Miller took his inspiration from.

Sin City Just Another Saturday Night gets a Buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment