Saturday, March 28, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Book 048 Gamemaster Conquering Super Nintendo Games

TITLE-Gamemaster Conquering Super Nintendo Games
AUTHOR-Jeff Rovin
FORMAT-Paperback
FIRST TIME READING-Yes
COST-10 cents

When I was younger I loved this kind of books. Most Schoolastic book fairs I would buy at least one. For the younger readers this is how we learned about various video games. We didn't have people with highly annoying voices doing Lets Play vids on youtube. Hell we didn't have shows on tv that talked about video games. You had books like this,a handful of video game magazines and word of mouth.

I had actually forgotten about these books until I started watching the Game Chasers show on youtube. They pick up this type of books when they find them cheap. And I did some research and found out some of these books have decent resale value.

This was found at my local library.All the neon colors on the cover caught my eye.And since I recently added a Super Nintendo emulator to my computer I thought a book like this would be handy in choosing what games I wanted to play.

There is over 100 game reviews in the book. With each one getting at least a page.Mr Rovin does a good job. In a small space he tells you the story of the game,gives you some tips on the harder parts of each game. And even sometimes gives you cheat codes and/or passwords. The tips for EVO Search for Eden have been really handy. I hadn't even heard of the game before. After reading about it in the book I knew I had to try it out. And it has become one of my favorite games.

My only complaint is there is no pictures in the book.Some screenshots would help break up the walls of text.

Gamemaster Conquering Super Nintendo Games gets a 3.15 outta 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment