Sunday, October 27, 2013

31 Days of Horror Movie 28

Toy Story of Terror
2013
ABC tv airing


I had completely forgotten this was suppose to air. But thanks to a chubby Trekkie I found out. So I quickly got a copy.

Now my love for the Toy Story franchise is huge. For years I was a big time toy collector. And as I am sure with most kids, I would spend hours with my toys making up stories and various adventures.

This short has the toys on a vacation somewhere. They are all in the trunk of the car enjoying a classic horror film on a portable DVD player. The car gets a flat. So the family pulls into a motel. They are going to have to spend the night. Mr Potato Head goes out to explode and disappears. So the rest of the gang goes looking for him. And one by one they disappear. Until only Jessie is left. She meets up with Combat Carl. Who tells her that something is up.

What is going on is the hotel manager has trained his pet iguana to steal the toys. And he turns around and sells them on Ebay. Woody quickly sells and is boxed up and ready to be shipped out. So it is up to Jessie to save him.

I wasn't expecting the animation to be up to the levels of the 3 films and the one short I have seen. But it was. I wish Slinky Dog was in this. But with Jim Varney being gone I doubt we see Slinky Dog that much anymore. Still this was great. Reminds me of when I was a kid and the month of October was loaded with animated Halloween specials. Which is a tradition that has seemed to died.

Toy Story of Terror gets an A.

No comments:

Post a Comment