Monday, October 31, 2011

31 days of horror Year 3 day 31 twelveth film


Now I have been a huge fan of the Ernest character for years. So recently I got a DVD that had "Ernest goes to camp","Ernest goes to Jail" and "Ernest scared stupid". I haven't seen any of these three films in over a decade.

In this film Ernest is a garbage man in a small town. We find out that the town has a legend about a troll. Well Ernest is helping his younger friends to build a tree house way out in the woods. Well this tree is in the town witch's backyard. She finds out and tells Ernest that he is descended from a troll hunter. Who captured the evil troll Trantor and placed him into the tree the tree house is built in. She warns Ernest that if he places his hand on the tree and says "Yeah I call thee forth, Trantor!" the troll will be released. Well of course Ernest being the idiot he is he does this. And the troll is released.

Well the rest of the film is Ernest and the kids fighting off the troll. They discover that the troll one main weakness is milk. So we get plenty of water balloons and super soakers filled with milk. Then finally at the end Ernest manages to defeat the troll and everyone is happy.

It amazes me how well this film holds up today. I know I saw it in theaters. And pretty sure I saw it a few times on VHS. Ernest Scared Stupid gets a A.

No comments:

Post a Comment