TITLE-Superman Batman Public Enemies
SOURCE-Warner Premiere DVD
Now I have never read the comic series this film is based on. Never really been a big Superman fan. And Batman is one I like but depends on the creative team.
A meteor is heading to Earth,Lex Luthor is President of the USA. Using manipulated footage Luther convinces the US citizens that Superman murdered Mentallo. Leading to a pile of heroes hunting for Superman and Batman. All while Luthor is up to something and this meteor is not that far from hitting Earth.
I love how the animation style used in the film looks like a tweeked version of the Timmverse style. The voice work is well done. And the film isn't too long.
What I really enjoyed is how many lesser known heroes get to appear. Black Lightning,Captain Atom,Nightshade and so many others get appearances. Then you got Power Girl in a major role. With a sly joke about her best known feature when her,Batman and Superman have to goto a 13 year old genius to stop the Kryptonite meteor from hitting Earth.
I know there is a sequel. Which deals with what was in that meteor. Had that part spoiled for me already. Will track that sequel down soon.
Superman Batman Public Enemies gets a B-
No comments:
Post a Comment