Tuesday, November 15, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 280 Graphic Classics H.P.Lovecraft

TITLE-Graphic Classics H.P.Lovecraft Revised Second Edition
PUBLISHER-Eureka Productions

Look at that cover! When I saw that cover I couldn't pass up this collection. Then I glanced at the list of talent on the bottom of the cover,saw Richard Corben and I knew I had to have this.

I first discovered the Graphic Classics series at my local library. I had been getting lots of comic trades thru inter-library loan,so the head librarian decided to order a few to see if there was enough interest to have some on the shelves. She ordered 3 or 4 volumes of the Graphic Classics line. Where they take classic,and also public domain,stories and make them into comics. I had read and enjoyed a horror collection and one of Poe stories so seeing there was one for Lovecraft I had to order it.

Under that stunning Giorgio Comolo cover,which I must assume is what Mr Comolo thinks Cthulu looks like,is 7 of Lovecraft's tales. Each drawn by different artists.The three that really stand out are.
The Shadow over Innsmouth which is adapted by Alex Burrows and beautifully drawn by Simon Gane.Dreams in the Witch House,adapted by Rich Rainey and Pedro Lopez handles the art chores.Then the best piece in the book,Herbert West:Reanimator.Tom Pomplun hands adapting Lovecraft's serial to the comic form. It is broken up into 4 chapters with a different artist doing each chapter. So you got people like Richard Corben,Rick Geary,J.B.Bonivert and Mark A.Nelson doing the art.

Really if you love Lovecraft and love comics this is a nice and affordable addition to your collection. This Revised second edition claims to have 75 new pages. So that is nice.

Graphic Classics H.P.Lovecraft Revised Second Edition gets a BUY!

No comments:

Post a Comment