Tuesday, November 8, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 269 Vampirella Blood Lust Book 02

TITLE-Vampirella Blood Lust Book Two
PUBLISHER-Harris Comics

By the time this Vampi mini series hit I was almost out of comics. I had read scattered issues of her old series from Warren. The b/w magazine sized comics that came out in the 60s and 70s.Then years back I found a place online that sold random lots of comics by the pound. 10lbs of comics,no duplicates and before shipping  it was like 20 bucks,I made an order and weeks later got 10lbs of comics. Which included a huge stack of random issues of Vampi from Harris.They kind  of got shuffled to the bottom of my ever growing read pile.

Then last month for Halloween I wanted to only review horror comics the entire month. Dug out 6 issues I could find  of the Harris era Vampirella series and read them. Took the pics and wrote out the reviews. Then before I could post them my main laptop shit the bed. I managed to save the pics of all of them and a few of the reviews. So yeah this review and the next 5 that involve Vampi were written,partially written back in October.

That Joe Jusko cover is what drew me to this issue. Then I open it and see he painted the entire issue.And that mid 90s Jame Robinson wrote it. Vampi has died and traveled to Drakulon,which is now Lilith's  section of hell.Teaming up with a very changed Adam Van Helsing,Vampi must restart the river of blood and try to take out her mother.

Now I haven't read that much of the Harris Vampi before now,but this feels more like it is the last chapter in the long running Warren version of Vampirella.When it is explained how Adam ended up in Hell I was pleasantly surprised and remembered something like that being mentioned years ago in an Warren issue.

Vampirella Blood Lust Book Two gets  Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment