Monday, August 29, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 241 Rocket Raccoon #3

TITLE-Rocket Raccoon #03
PUBLISHER-Marvel

Back in the 80s Marvel started doing 4 issue mini series for what seemed like every character they owned.At the time I wondered why all of the sudden and for only IIRC was 3 years this happened. From what I can find out it was Marvel's way to try to get a bigger market share as a defense against all the new indy comics that were gaining in  popularity.

Anyways Rocket Raccoon at the time was kind of obscure. He had appeared a few times before this. Seems like this mini happened mostly cause Mike Mignola really wanted to do something with Rocket and Marvel wanted more stuff from Mignola.

Now I did read all four issues back in the early 90s,back when lots of those Marvel minis were moved to the quarter bins. But I do not remember much about it. This issue works ok I guess as a standalone. The art is really the main reason to track this down. I am guessing since the mega rise in profile of Rocket Raccoon this formerly cheap mini might not be in the cheap bins anymore.

Rocket Raccoon #03 gets a buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment