Tuesday, August 16, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 229 Dark Horse Presents 100 (1 of 5)

TITLE-Dark Horse Presents 100 (1 of 5)
PUBLISHER-Dark Horse Comics

I love anthology titles.And over the decades of comic collecting I have found out that Dark Horse Presents offers usually the best deal.

Lets start with that cover. Mimi Rodin is by Dave Stevens and it looks gorgeous like pretty much anything the late Mr Stevens drew. The right side is the front cover. Which has Lance Blastoff fighting a dinosaur. Drawn by Frank Miller,to me it looks great.

Pretty sure this issue is bigger than a normal issue of DHP. So that means we get 7 stories.

Up first is a Lance Blastoff story by Miller.It is short but looks great. I have always preferred Miller's art in black and white.

Heartbreakers is a decent science fiction story.Pretty art and a decent story. From a few things in the story I found out the Heartbreakers appeared years ago in DHP.

Ninth Gland is decent.But it isn't anything I will bother to read again.

Aboard the drinking Leviathan by Jon Lewis is a fun story set in some woods. A turtle is talking to what I assume is a possum. THey start to share stories about drinking and waking up in odd places. This was a neat change of pace from all the more serious stories so far.

I was pretty happy when I saw that there was a Milk and Cheese story in this issue. Sadly it is one I read before,I think it was in Milk and Cheese's 666 issue. Still it is great like pretty much everything Milk and Cheese.

The finaly story is a one pager. Art and words by Dave Stevens. It is about Mimi Rodin. The art is nice,but the story is not needed.

Dark Horse Presents 100 one of five gets a buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment