Sunday, June 19, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 183 Mage The Hero Discovered #11

TITLE:Mage the Hero Discovered #11
PUBLISHER-Comico

Somehow this damn good series passed me by in the 80s. It wasn't until the early 2000s when I found a bunch of issues cheap that I read what is the first volume of a supposed 3 volume series.

Matt Wagner handles most of the creative end of this series. Sure the art in the early issues of this title is a bit meh. By issue 11 it is pretty decent.

What really sucks is this series ended not long after issue 11. With volume 2 planned to come out in about a year. Then Comico went under. It took years for Wagner to fully get back his rights to the series. When he did Image published volume 2,and reprinted the first volume. IIRC this was the late 90s. And so far as of early summer 2016 volume 3 hasn't come out. Hell I haven't heard any news on it in 10 years or so.

Since I read volume 1 all in one sitting it is kind of hard for me to rate each issue.But this time all I read was this single issue. That I got in a 3 pack of comics from Dollar Tree.

Knowing what happened before and after this issue,reading just one issue in the story worked for me. But I would not recommend someone reading this issue without at least reading the previous 10.

Mage The Hero Discovered #11 gets a Buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment