Monday, March 7, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 121 Armorines Volume 2 #04

TITLE-Armorines Volume 2 #04
PUBLISHER-Acclaim Comics

Now while I was a fan of the early Valiant stuff,I had never read any of the stuff after Acclaim took over. Then I discovered the Valiant Fans website. And found out that this issue of Armorines Volume 2 had a tiny print run. And it is the rarest of the non-limited releases from Valiant/Acclaim. Well I had started trying to get a complete run of everything Valiant/Acclaim put out.

Skip ahead until 2010. I am at Coast Con and there is a dealer with cheap back issues. They were a buck each and the more you bought the cheaper it got. I am digging and get into a box that seems to be mostly Acclaim stuff. And what do I find but a almost perfect mint copy of Armorines volume 2 issue #04. Of course I bought it.

So why is this issue so rare? By the time I was solicited Acclaim was almost dead. With so few people reading their stuff the comic shops were either not ordering copies or only ordering 2 or 3 copies. Then factor in this issue shipped months late and you end up with a comic that the estimated print run is a bit over 3000 copies. Plus this issue has never been reprinted in a trade or hardcover.

Honestly the issue kind of sucks. I have only read this one issue of the second volume of Armorines. I did enjoy the first volume. The only reason I still have this issue,and this is after having a big amount of people offering to buy it off me,is because I am still trying to piece together a full run of Valiant/Acclaim. And I doubt I will ever see another copy for sale. And if I do it won't be for the extremely low price I paid for my copy.

Armorines Volume 2 #04 gets a Pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment