Monday, February 15, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 071 Wolverine Saga

TITLE-Wolverine Saga
PUBLISHER-Marvel

I grabbed this back in 2009 from 5 Alarm Comics. At the time,and hell they might still be doing  it,Marvel would put out these Saga books to give people a good capsule history of whoever.

By 2009 I hadn't read much from Marvel and outside of maybe 5 or so issues read nothing from the X-titles. So really almost 75% of the stuff in this comic I had never read. I am thinking maybe this came out when the first solo Wolverine film was hitting theaters. As a kind of way to catch fans of the films that are wanting to get into comics. Plus it was free. Hell that is a major reason why I grabbed it. I opened it up saw there was lots of text to read. And it kind of reminded me of this 3 issue perfect bound mini series on Wolverine Marvel did back in the early 90s.

I really have no clue how hard it would be to find a copy of this now. But I doubt it would cost more than 2 bucks.And even with my disinterest in post 92ish Marvel I found Wolverine Saga to be a fun read. And a cheap and quick way for me to fill in lots of gaps in my knowledge of Logan.

Wolverine Saga gets a buy.

No comments:

Post a Comment