Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 059 Uncanny X-men #244

TITLE-Uncanny X-men 244
PUBLISHER-Marvel

This was pretty much the last issue of Uncanny I read until 281. After Mutant Massacre,Fall of the Mutants and Inferno I was just fed up with having to read 4 to 5 books a month to get the story. I kept subscribing more out of habit,I got a damn good deal at the comic shop. But each new issue was filed away and never read until years later.

Psylocke,back when she was British,Rogue,Storm and Dazzler go shopping. And some kind of bootleg Ghostbusters ,who bust Mutants come after them. It is a light silly story. But a nice change after the boring gloomy Inferno shitpile.

Claremont is writing,Marc Silvestri was doing the pencils and Dan Green is on the inks. The art looks nice. Silvestri can be a good and fun artist when he wants to be. Claremont is his wordy self. But admit it we all loved it back then.

The only real thing of note is this issue is the first appearance of Jubilee. Who thanks to the 90 Fox Kids X-men cartoon is fairly popular. While I did like her. I found her a poor Kitty Pryde subsitute.

The issue was fun. And worth reading if you can find  it cheap or grab it in a trade. I think the Essentials line of trades made it at least this far.

Uncanny X-men #244 gets a buy,but don't spend more than $5 on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment