Tuesday, February 2, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 058 Uncanny X-men #193

TITLE-Uncanny X-men #193
PUBLISHER-Marvel

I doubt I have read this issue since sometime in the late 80s. For my birthday in 85 I got mail order subscriptions to three comics.GI Joe,Muppet Babies and Uncanny X-men. I had been reading X-men almost every month since what issue in the 130s introduced Kitty Pryde. But cause I was relying on the comic racks at K&B drugs sometimes I would miss an issue or two.This was the first issue I got in of my subscription. One that I kept going until Uncanny 300.

Being the 100th appearance of "The New X-men" this was a double sized issue. Were the little brother of Proudstar stages an ambush for the current X-men team.

And I gotta talk about the team. This is my favorite grouping. You got Nightcrawler as Field leader.Kitty Pryde,Colossus,Wolverine,Rachel Summers and Rogue with a greatly weakened Professor X.

The writer is of course Chris Claremont. This was cover dated May 1985 so we are in the John Romita Jr era of art. He is assisted by Dan Green.

One last thing last issue Prof X got the shit beat out of him by a group of anti-mutant asswipes. So he was taken to the Morlocks tunnels and saved from death by the Healer. Caslisto dresses him in some messed up BDSM great. Yeah at an early age I was subjected to seeing bald ass Prof X in BDSM gear.


Really this issue,while wordy as fuck,is gonna get a high level of approval from me on nostalgia basis alone. I got lucky and got into the X-men a few years before they got hit my crossover madness.

Uncanny X-men #193 gets a BUY!

No comments:

Post a Comment