Saturday, January 2, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 005 The Eltingville Club #1

TITLE-The Eltingville Club #01
PUBLISHER-Dark Horse

I first ran into Evan Dorkin's Eltingville Club strips in the Instant Piano mini series. Never knowing until 2005ish that there was more than that one strip. And a pilot was made from that strip  for Adult Swim.

Skip ahead until October of this year. I was in a comic shop and found Eltingville Club #2. Since the cover had a massive crease on it the guy at the register let me have it for 60% cover. But being the huge comic continuity dork I am I didn't want to read it until I found issue #1. And I looked and could never find it.

Then last Black Friday while I was out scaring old people,my sweetie found the first issue for me. I am not sure why I didn't read it as soon as I got it.

We start off with Bill outside the gang's local comic shop. Seems the Owner has hired him to help out. And everything is going pretty good. Then the owner has to all of the sudden leave. So now Bill is in charge. To make things worse the rest of the Eltingville Club shows up at the comic shop.

Nice to see Dorkin can still make funny as hell stories. I laughed so many times while reading this.

The Eltingville Club #1 gets a Buy!

No comments:

Post a Comment