Thursday, February 9, 2012

Black History Month 2012 Second movie


Don't be a menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood
Director's cut DVD
1996

I have been a fan of the Wayons since I first saw "I'm gonna git you sucka" years ago. So when I saw ads for this movie I knew I had to see it. Well for some reason I didn't get to see it in the theater. But made sure to go rent it the day it came out. What we get is a spoof movie of all the various "hood" films that were popular at the time. And of course most of the Wayons family has at least a small part in the film. I don't remember seeing Damon but the rest of them are there. Now I have never been a fan of either Shawn or Marlon Wayons.But this is the only film with them I enjoyed.

Ashtray is in his late teens,and his mom sends him to live in da hood with his Father. His dad seems to either be the same age as Ashtray or maybe even younger. Ashtray's best friend is Loc Dog. Who is a drug dealing under educated mess of a person.

We gets lots of great parody scenes. And plenty of laugh out loud moments. Now this dvd is the director's cut. But I only really saw 3 scenes that I didn't remember from the theatrical version. Thanks to the deal Miramax has worked out with Echo Bridge entertainment this dvd is easy to find for $5 and totally worth that price. Don't be a Menace to South Central while drinking your juice in the hood gets a B+.

No comments:

Post a Comment