Monday, August 22, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 238 The Survivalist Chronicles #02

TITLE-The Survivalist Chronicles #02
PUBLISHER-Survival Art Press

Never heard of this title,the company or anyone involved in it before.But honestly that is what I look for when I am digging through cheap bins. Those titles that have been forgotten.

I read the first issue a few days ago. And while it was fresh in my memory,the first few pages of this issue do a good job of catching you up if you missed the first issue.

Set after a nuclear attack happens on the continental US shores,this comic is about ,duh,a band of survivalists. Who with their families have moved way out in the woods.

In this issue ,after having found a new home last issue,they discover they aren't alone in the valley. A tribe of Native Americans live in the valley and want these newcomers gone.

We also find out that what is left of the US government has sent a huge group of bounty hunters up into the woods to flush out anyone in that area.

Ronald F. Ledwell does the art and writing. The art is nice. Black and white,except for the covers,and has a moody feel.The story isn't bad. There is a lot of dialogue to read. Plus I am pretty sure this comic is a bit longer than the normal 20 to 22 page comic that was coming out in 1981.

I am guessing since this was coming out when the direct market was still tiny is a main reason why I have never heard of this series. I am gonna see if there is any issues of this series that I don't have. Oh almost forgot,there is a few ads in the issue for other titles from Survival Art Press.One is for a title called Waffen SS,I am guessing it is a WWII title.And another for In Country Nam. Gonna try to track down at least an issue of both series to try them out.

The Survivalist Chronicles #02 gets a borrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment