Wednesday, March 9, 2016

2016 Comic Challenge 123 House II:The Second Story

TITLE-House II:The Second Story
PUBLISHER-Marvel Comics

I would love to find out why Marvel did a comic book adaptation of the mid 80s horror film House II.I am pretty sure there wasn't an adaptation of the first film. And with this issue priced at 2 bucks for 48 pages I am guessing it bombed. Which I think I might be right about. I never see copies of it in comic shops or at cons.

Ralph Macchio,not the actor from Karate Kid,writes this comic.Alan Kupperberg handles the pencils and 5 people do the inks.The art is OK I guess. It has been right at 30 years since I have seen the film,but from what I remember the artistic representations of the actors in this comic look like the actors from the movie.

The story is a madcap romp. With dead relatives coming back. A zombie Cowboy nicknamed Gramps. And this weird worm thing that is kind of adopted like a family dog.

Pretty much unless you are a huge fan of this film or just gotta have all horror film comic book adaptations this is a book to skip. I got it in one of those 300 random comics for 10 bucks deals off Ebay. And the only reason I haven't gotten rid of it yet is I get this nagging feeling that in 10 years this will be a comic that is actually worth decent money.

House II:The Second Story gets a PASS!

No comments:

Post a Comment