Friday, October 2, 2015

31 Days of Horror 2015 Day 02 Return to Nuke'em High volume 1

Return to Nuke'em High Volume 1
Source-Anchor Bay/Troma Blu Ray

I saw the original Nuke'em High film during one of the Scifi Channels marathons of Troma movies. Yep back when Scifi was first hitting the airwaves they showed cut for cable Troma films. I enjoyed part 1,but parts 2 and 3 were much better.

So 3 years ago when I heard Troma was making a fourth film in the franchise I got pretty damn excited. But like with most recent Troma films it took a long time from when the film was finished until it got a home video release. I understand that Troma wants their films to play as many theaters as they can before it hits dvd/blu ray. But with no theater within a 3 hour drive of me that would show a Troma film I have to wait on home video.

The nuclear power plant by Nuke'em High is now the HQ of some giant global food corporation.And they are supplying food for Nuke'em High. Which of course is contaminated.

So the food ends up transforming the Glee Club into the new Cretins. And our heroes,if you can call them that,are two young ladies that goto Nuke'em high. Who through out the course of the film fall in love. 

Really my only complaint about this film is that it is broken up into two parts. And as of the writing of this post no release date has been set for volume 2.

I will say the blu ray of this looks great. And has well done sound. Plus you get two commentaries. One with some of the cast. And one with Lloyd Kaufman. And if you look around you can find this cheap.

Return to Nuke'em High Volume 1 gets a B.

No comments:

Post a Comment