Monday, August 3, 2015

2015 Reading Challenge Book 085 Mail Order Mysteries Real Stuff from Old Comic Book Ads!

TITLE-Mail-Order Mysteries Real Stuff from Old Comic Book Ads!
AUTHOR-Kirk DeMarais
FORMAT-Hardcover
FIRST TIME READING-No
PRICE-$8

As a kid I would spend piles of time looking at all the ads in comics. Wanting to order stuff like x ray specs,lock picking kits and the Charles Atlas muscle building kit. I never ordered a thing cause my parents would always say "It's a ripoff!".

Found this book and guess what they were right. But it doesn't matter the book is a great tour through all kinds of fads. I love all the monster related stuff in here. The posters,masks,make up kits,etc.

Hell it wasn't until this reading that I discovered the front and back cover have glow in the dark paint on them. The front is mostly just outline stuff. But the back has a skull painted on it. I was heading out of my room with the book in my hands. Flipped the light off and saw this huge skull on the back glowing.

Now I wish there was a bit more writing in the book.Sure there is lots of pictures of the items. But with some of them there is barely 2 sentences of info.

Mail Order Mysteries gets a 3.33 outta 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment