Friday, October 24, 2014

31 Days of Horror Day 24 Child's Play

Child's Play
1988
Chucky's 20th Birthday Edition MGM DVD

Finally after years I got a copy of the first of the long running Child's Play series. Years back I bought the one collection that had the 2nd,3rd,4th and 5th film. I looked for the first film,but the only copies I found were always full frame. Then I got Curse of Chucky. Well around the beginning of October I was grabbing my groceries and saw this 20th birthday edition for $5. I grabbed it as soon as I saw it was widescreen.

One I got home I looked and it is loaded with extras. Three commentaries,yeah I know I am a commentary addict.And a handful of entertaining featurettes.

The film is about a single mother. And her son who really wants a Good Guy doll for X-mas. But like the mid 80s Cabbage Patch Doll craze they are next to impossible to find. A serial killer's soul ends up in a Good Guy doll. And through a journey young Andy ends up with the doll.

Out of all the Chucky films this is the best. With Curse of Chucky being almost as good. What makes those two stand out is they are actually scary. Child's Play stands out of a packed field of 80s horror because of the good acting and well done doll effects.

Child's Play gets a B+

No comments:

Post a Comment