Friday, October 3, 2014

31 Days of Horror Day 03 The Amityville Horror 1979

The Amityville Horror
1979
Epix Drive in Channel Airing

I first saw this film years ago. Not sure how long ago,but I know I rented it on Betamax. Then 2 years ago I was looking at DVDs and found a pack that had this film plus the remake from the mid 2000s.

I have read the novel this is based on. And believe it is all bullshit. But figured I should see if the film is as entertaining as the novel.

The Lutzs and a new blended family. And they move into a great home in a tiny New York town.A home where the son of the previous owner had killed his family. And the home is supposedly built onto of Native American burial grounds.

I can totally see why this was a huge hit back in the late 70s. James Brolin isn't a great actor,but he is damn entertaining in this film.Margot Kidder is an actress I had always thought had very little talent. But in Amityville Horror she is really good.

Sure bits and pieces are changed from the novel. But for how cheaply I got this it is worth the cost.

The Amityville Terror gets a C+.

No comments:

Post a Comment