Thursday, October 2, 2014

31 days of horror 2014 Day 02 Horror Rises from the Tomb

El Espanto Surge Del La Tumba AKA Horror Rises from the Tomb
1972
Brentwood DVD

I discovered Paul Naschy in the early 2000s. One of my Aunts got me one of those Brentwood 10 horror movie packs. Which had "The Werewolf vs the Vampire Women." I watched and enjoyed this. So months later I found a 4 pack of horror films from Brentwood.Which had this,and a weird cut of Lucio Fulci's "House by the Cemetery".

But like I seem to do with lots of those cheap multipacks,I bought the set and it sat on my shelf unwatched for years. Then today I had a friend over visiting. And she wanted to watch a "scary movie". So I pointed her to my shelf of unwatched multipacks. And this is the film she picked.

We open up with Naschy,playing a warlock,and his woman being beheaded back in the middle ages.Fast forward to the early 70s and a group of people are at the castle where Naschy died.

This turned out to be a fairly fun piece of Euro Horror.Sure the plot is kind of nonsense.no idea how much of that is because of the sub-par dubbing. But the gore effects are good. And there is plenty of nice looking women in the film.

I actually enjoyed this enough that I will track down a better copy. For years this film was believed to be in the public domain. Then I think it was BCI that put out a nice special edition.

Horror rises from the tombs gets a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment