Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Top 5 TV shows that it surprises people when I tell them I am a huge fan of

5.Disney's Jungle Cubs

I am not a Disney fan. And was never a fan of The Jungle Book. I didn't even know this Muppet Babies like prequel series was out. Then one Saturday morning I had just gotten home from a Friday night party. I was fucked up and couldn't sleep  so I was flipping channels and saw this. Something about it caught my attention. And for the next 2 seasons I had my VCR set to record it. I can not explain what about it appeals to me. But if this got a DVD release I would buy it the day it came out.

4.Saved by the bell

When this started airing on the NBC Saturday morning line up I was in my mid teens and sleeping in each Saturday. Plus I have never been a fan of American made shows about high school. So I rarely saw this show and when I did I didn't care for it. Then in the early 2000s I was working a job where I got home at 5am. I would kick back relax and watch 1 hour of SBTB on TBS. And I totally changed my opinion about the show. Sure it is cheesy. And most of the main cast is horrible. Still I love it. What amazes me is how most guys that grew up watching it find Kelly to be the prettiest of the 3 main females. To me she was the least pretty. With Lisa Turtle being the hottest and Jessie right behind her.

3.Gilmore Girls

I have never cared for most US broadcast dramas. So even though plenty of people had told me how good this series is I skipped it. Then in the mid 2000s ABC Family started showing reruns of it 2 episodes a day. One day I was busy on the computer and had been watching Step By Step reruns on ABC family. When it was over I didn't change the channel and started listening to Gilmore Girls. And saw how well done the dialogue is. Over the next 3 years I managed to see almost all the episodes and it is a show I still see here and there in reruns.


2.Power Rangers SPD

When Power Rangers started back in the early 90s I watched the first season and found it a Ok way to waste 30 minutes. Then in 2005 ABC Family was showing an hour of Power Rangers each weekday. And After watching Saved by the Bell  I would watch Power Rangers SPD. I was very impressed by how the story was done. This group lasted only 1 season. And they wrapped up pretty much every storyline by the final episode. Also I love that they brought in Beth Allen for a few episodes. I have been a huge fan of her since seeing her on The Tribe. This season was  a great blend of comedy/action/drama and science fiction.

TIE

1.7th Heaven

I am not a religious person. And I hate almost every modern family based dramas. The only reason I started watching this was reruns aired around the time I ate dinner. I was flipping channels and saw Jessica Biel. Who I still think is one of the most gorgeous women on the planet. So I started watching it almost every day while eating dinner. Then I got hooked and started recording the 2 or 3 episodes that aired each day. Once Ms Biel permanently left the show I stopped watching. But for about 3 years I saw at least an episode each day.

1.Grounded for Life

I hate most modern sitcoms. And ones about a Mom and Dad trying to raise kids are the ones I hate the most. For some reason when this show first started on FOX I watched it. I love how it was so different than most family sitcoms from it's era. Most episodes began in the middle of the story. Then would flashback to show you how they got there before resolving the issue. Then add in that the entire cast was great actors. Plus they had great chemistry. Once the show left FOX I stopped watching. But thanks to reruns and DVDs I have now seen every episode. Now the production company has done a deal with Mill Creek you can get each season for $5. Worth checking out if you love family based sitcoms.




No comments:

Post a Comment