Thursday, January 23, 2014

Top 5 comics of my childhood that suck

Like my list of cartoons,this is all about comics I loved when I was a kid.But going back and reading them now I realize how horrible they are.

5.GI Joe

This just barely made the list.The first 8 issues are bad.Then it gets better for about 2 years.Then quickly went downhill and never recovered. And like the cartoon it is one that people swear was great. I don't see it. Out of the entire run there is maybe 10 great issues.And the rest go between passable and total shit.

4.Marvel Team Up

This was one of the comics I would get my mother to drive me to as many stores as it took to find each new issue. Back in 2005 I ordered Essential Marvel Team Up volume 1.Wow what a disappointment.For every good issue there is 20 that suck dead donkey dick.And it was rare that the title had good art.

3.Legion of Super-Heroes

Legion was one of the first DC titles I got every month.In the early 2000s I got a huge run of the series from the late 70s.Which is when I read it as a kid.FUCK! It is so hokey and cheesy.And most of the time the art is bad.

2.Shazam

When this series was coming out in the 70s I was all over it.Then I lost all my issues.So when DC put out the Showcase Presents volume that reprinted most of the run I grabbed it.I was shocked at how bad it was.They totally missed what made the Fawcett Golden Age Shazam stuff so great.

1.Transformers

I clearly remember saving up my allowance to subscribe to this title.So for the first 2 years I read it every month. I have talked about how when I first discovered comic scans I grabbed every issue of Transformers.I sat down and in a week read the entire run. WHAT IN THE BLUE HELL! Bad writing,bad artwork,just all around bad.But I still see comic fans calling this "One of the best comics ever." Please take off those nostalgia glasses.It is badly written and drawn fiction about giant robots punching each other.





No comments:

Post a Comment