TITLE-The Devil's Dolls aka Worry Dolls
SOURCE-IFC Midnight/Scream Factory DVD
Made a bit over a decade ago,and shot in Natchez,Canton and Jackson MS,this is the second feature fro the director.
A serial killer's worry dolls end up in the hands of a crafty young girl. Who uses their parts to make charm bracelets. Which are sold at her mothers junk store. Seems these dolls are possessed by the evil spirit of the serial Killer
Each person that buys one of these charms gets possessed and starts killing. Like when one guy attacks a corner store owner with scissors. Once the leads figure out what is up they start trying to find everyone who bought one of the charms.
Decent acting some good gore and helps it is shot in locations I know somewhat. Like one scene I knew they filmed in Jackson cause I saw a place I have been often.
The film is a mixture of serial killer+possession horror. It works. But also this is a movie that if I hadn't found it for a buck I wouldn't have bought it. The kind of film you are wanting something to watch so scroll through TUBI ffor an hour and decide on this.
The Devil's Dolls gets a C+

No comments:
Post a Comment