TITLE-Copperhead the Snake Movie
SOURCE-Terror Vision Blu Ray
Last year I think it was in November Terror Vision had a deal,3 random blu rays shipped for a total of I think it was 30 bucks. Got 2 of these packs planning on watching them for this years 31 years of Horror. Copperhead is up first.
Made in the first half of the 80s,I keep seeing conflicting dates mostly 83 and 84,this is a low budget snake horror film. Way out in the woods of Missouri a wildlife painter lives with his family. And a kind of scummy family moves into a nearby abandoned church. A church that is packed with mice and copperheads.
Seems this family is on the run cause of some gold they stole from Peru. The dad is a gun nut,with not long after he first meets the painter and his family,the dad is whipping out a pistol and shooting a glass jar with a snake in it. Then shoots the snake a few times. Oh yeah real snakes were killed in the making of this film. Forgot the opening scene is a copperhead eating a rat. The Blu ray claims to have a cruelty free version,I haven't watched that version.
We get lots of thick southern accents from folks that I bet might have done a few community theater plays or local commericals. Lots of guns shooting stuff. The family in the church feels like the relatives of Ethal and her son from Friday the 13th part 5.
The ending connects us back to Peru and we get to see the snakes get their revenge on the scummy family,and it was better done than I expected.
Being a Terror Vision release this is LOADED with extras. You get a few commentaries,interviews with the family that made the film. A film made by the son of the director called Motorhome From Hell. A commentary on that extra film.
Go in knowing this a cheap regional horror. Made by most a crew of locals. Kind of surprised I had never heard of this until getting it. On one of the commentaries the director claims copies of the VHS release was in videos stores all over the States. I never saw it and was in plenty of stores back in the 80s.
Copperhead The Snake Movie gets a C+
No comments:
Post a Comment