TITLE-Sinners
SOURCE-4K UHD
I heard about this movie when I was being made. The film being set in North Mississippi I was semi interested. Heard it was a horror film and really wanted to see it. Grabbed the 4k and planned on watching it soon. Late one night started it and was loving it and halfway through I was so tired I couldn't stay awake. Stopped the film went to bed.
Today get up wanted something to watch. Saw the 4k was still sitting in a stack by the player in the living room and started it up. Bit over 2 hours later I was done and saw why the film was getting so much praise.
Based in Clarksdale MS,a tiny town up in the Delta region of the state,we got a set of twins,Smoke and Stack,who have come back from working for the mob in Chicago. Their plan is open up a juke joint in this old mill. The man they are renting the mill from acts a bit odd. First half of the movie is mostly the twins gathering people to work at the juke joint and usicians and singers to perform there.
Then almost right at the halfway point we get a twist. Seems vampires are real and one is in the town. And this drama becomes a horror film. With a juke joint full of folks while the vampires outside keep adding more members and trying to get into the building.
And even after the vampire issue is taken care of we get another twist. Seems the guy who owns the mill is part of the Klan. And he had planned on coming with his group of inbred moronic crackers and burning the juke joint down.
Gorgeously shot,with some great musicial numbers. And the cast is packed with folks that while you will not know their names you will know their faces.
Sinners gets a A-.

No comments:
Post a Comment