Wednesday, July 10, 2024

ED

 

TITLE-Ed

SOURCE-Fandango at Home FKA Vudu


Weeks ago someone was mentioning how the mid 90s was packed with animal let movies aimed at kids. And ED was one I had forgotten about.


Matt Leblanc is a pitcher for a minor league baseball team. Practice he can throw over 100MPH with precision. But game time he throws bad.


Cooper,Matt's name in the film,is sent to pick up the newest member of the team. Turns out it is a chimp named Ed Sullivan. Who is forced to live with Cooper. And wacky hyjinx happen.


What made this stand out from the 100s of similar themed films was the supporting cast. So many people I knew from other projects. Like one of the guys on Cooper and Ed's team is Cockroach from the Cosby Show. Another is Scutt Farkus from A Christmas Story.

What did surprise me with the film was it was filled with toilet humor. More than I would normally see in a film aimed at kids back in 96.

Appears this isnt streaming on any service. We paid 3 bucks to rent it off Fandango at Home. I know I own it on DVD,in some pack of 10 KIDS movies.


Ed is worth seeing and a decent baseball themed movie. 

Ed gets a C-.

No comments:

Post a Comment