Saturday, July 11, 2026

D.O.A.Dead or Alive

 

TItle-D.O.A. Dead or Alive

SOURCE-Dimension Extreme DVD

I was the perfect age when the fighting game genre blew up in the arcades. By the time  DOA hit systems I was out of video games. So while I had played some DOA game a few times I don't know much about the  franchise or it's lore. Just wanted to get that out first before talking  about the  film.

There is  an invite only fighting  tournament. The film starts with us seeing the various people getting invited.  Got Devon  Aoki as a princess who is  also a ninja, Holly Valance as a thief. And Jaime Pressly as Tina Armstrong a pro wrestler.

This is a plot I've seen many times in various martial arts films. Fighters invited  to an island for a tournament. The twist  this  time is the guy  running  it all  is  Eric Roberts. And he  is injecting  each  fighter with nanobots. So he  can  record them  and  then  sell  this  data to  other fighters around  the world.

Yes the film is dumb,and knows this so runs  with it. Imagine a bigger budgeted Bruceplotation film. That is what DOA Dead or Alive is. Not the  best movie  based  on  a video game,but also far from the  worst.

DOA Dead or Alive gets a C+

No comments:

Post a Comment