Saturday, June 1, 2024

Lego Justice League Attack of the Legion of Doom

TITLE-Lego Justice League Attack of the Legion of Doom

SOURCE-WB DVD

Late last year while grabbing sharpies and snacks for a indie show at Dollar Tree I spotted a stack of DVDs. This one came with a lego figure of the Trickster. So figured $1.25 for a figure and a dvd I would take the chance.

And like lots of DVDs I buy it sat in the unwatched pile for months. Then the other day was told "Find something goofy to watch before dinner." This was the first thing I thought of.

The Justice League has a new threat. Like in the Superfriends cartoon I loved as a kid it is a grouping of all the big villains. THE LEGION OF DOOM! and they even have thier Darth Vader helmet looking HQ.

This somewhat plays out like 3 connected episodes of a Lego Justice League tv show. With every 24 minutes a conflict being resolved and we get more clues as to why this one General is so against Aliens.

Decently animated and with a pile of inside jokes for the grownups watching,this turned out to be a decent way to pass an hour and a half. 

Only extra is a 20 or so minute look at the foley work done for the movie. At first I figured I might watch 4 minutes of this then skip the rest. Nope it kept my attention it's full run.


Not sure I would have paid the 15 or so bucks this sold for when it came out. But for barely over a buck and I got a Tricker Lego figure,who is on a shelf in the kitchen above one of the two freezers,this was worth seeing.

No clue if this is one of the DC animated movies on MAX. If not check your local Dollar Tree for a copy.

Lego Justice League Attack of the Legion of Doom gets a B-.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment